We care about your privacy
Ilmatar and its group companies are committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable data privacy laws. This privacy statement (“Statement”) describes how we collect and use personal data where Ilmatar is the data controller and what are your rights as a registered user. This Statement applies to the use of our Services or to other interaction with us.
Personal data means information about you or another identifiable individual in accordance with the EU Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”).
What information do we process and collect and on what basis?
We collect personal data related to the customer relationship when delivering our electricity production, electricity retail and other energy related products and services (“Services”). This may include the following personal data being processed based on legitimate interest:
1) Basic information about the registered such as name, username and/or other unique identifier, password, gender, mother tongue and contact information such as email address, phone number and address;
2) Service usage log data used to identify the registered such as location, time and usage habits and other transaction information (for example records of phone calls between the registered and Ilmatar customer service);
3) Purchase information i.e. purchased Services, payment history of credit rating and customer id;
4) Technical information i.e. electricity consumption, distributer, place of use id, failure and power outage history;
5) Service history i.e. correspondence in certain cases, phone recordings, purchase information and possible complaints and reclamations;
6) Demographic information, enrichment data and forecasting models; and
7) Information on storing or transferring an authorization or a warrant
We collect personal data based on your approval also in marketing situations such as telemarketing and customer service communication or when you for example subscribe to our newsletter, participate in our surveys, interviews, competitions and events. In these cases we may inquire for example your name, email address, phone number, address and other free-form information you provide to us.
On case by case marketing may be based on legitimate interest for example in situations where we collect visitor information of persons logged in to our website i.e. passwords, interaction data (time of visit, reaching our website and leaving our website). We also maintain records of your consents, preferences and settings.
We may also conduct direct marketing targeted to our interest groups based on legitimate interest. In that case we process personal data such as name, contact information, IP address and information about role and employment.
In addition to the above we may collect and update personal data from the following public sources and services: population information system, authorities, credit information companies, contact information providers and other similar reliable instances as well as payment default registers. If warranted by the Service or product, we may check your credit history from a credit information register.
Why do we process personal data?
Ilmatar may process your personal data for the following purposes.
Execution of contracts and actions prior to the execution: We may process your personal data when you sign a contract with us or become our customer, send us a request for quotation, buy our Services or send us a question about customer relationship or Service or feedback or discuss with us about our service fees.
Customer relationship management, marketing and advertising: We may contact you to inform you of new Services or promotions we may offer and to conduct market research when we have your consent or it is otherwise allowed. We may use your personal data such as purchase and service usage history, information on articles you have read and service descriptions you have studied to personalize our offering and to provide you with more relevant Services. We may for example make recommendations and display customized content and advertising in our Services.
Developing Services and analytics: We process personal data to develop our Services and for quality assurance and business purposes. We also utilize analytics to reach these goals. The data is de-identified to the extent possible. We analyse information on your latest visit to our website and its different sections in order to understand how registered users use our website and to enhance its user-friendliness as well as to improve it as a whole.
Regulatory and employer obligations: We may process personal data to fulfil our regulatory obligations related for example to accounting and tax laws as well as money laundering and labour legislation (recruitment included).
Do we share personal data?
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated – except as noted below.
However, information gained based on customer relationship may be transferred to Ilmatar’s group companies or limitedly to subcontractors. If we decide to sell, merge or otherwise reorganise our business activities it may entail transfer of personal data to potential or actual buyers and their advisors.
Some of the servers use to maintain the Services may be located outside the EU or EEA. In these cases Ilmatar will assure adequate data security in accordance with applicable legislation.
How do we address data quality?
Ilmatar assesses regularly weather storing the data is necessary taking into account the applicable legislation. In addition, Ilmatar takes reasonable steps to ensure that it does not store information about registered users that are incompatible, outdated or erroneous with regard to the purpose of the data processing. Ilmatar will correct or delete such personal data without delay once detected. In addition, Ilmatar aims to further develop its website and expand the Service range offered via the website. Ilmatar strives to produce cost effective Services meeting the needs of the registered users.
At Ilmatar right to process personal data is granted only to Ilmatar employees or employees of Ilmatar’s subcontractors who have based on their duties the right to process customer information. Each user has an individual system username and password. The information is stored in databases protected with firewalls, passwords and other technical solutions. The databases and their backup copies are located in locked rooms and only predefined persons have right to access the data.
We encourage you to access your personal data through your account from time to time to help us ensure that it is up to date.
How long we retain your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement or otherwise communicated to you, unless a longer period is required by law. Customer calls are stored for 7 months for quality assurance purposes; this information is given at the start of the call.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (for example videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights regarding personal data that Ilmatar processes about you:
· Right of access: You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you.
· Right to rectification and right to erasure: You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data about you deleted or updated.
· Right to withdraw consent and right to restriction of processing: You have a right to withdraw your consent for Ilmatar to process your personal data. You also have a right to demand restriction of processing your personal data.
· Right to unsubscribe and right to object processing: You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or we delete your personal data on other grounds.
· Right to portability: You have a right to transfer your personal data to another controller, if this is possible.
· Right to file complaint:You have a right to file a complaint to a supervisory authority in case you think your rights have been violated.
You may exercise your rights by managing your account and choices through our services or, if that is not possible, by contacting us. If you withdraw your consent or wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data we may not be able to continue to provide the Services to you in all cases. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Controller and contact point of your personal data:
Ilmatar Windpower Plc
Pohjoisesplanadi 35 E
00100 Helsinki, Finland
Changes to this privacy statement
Ilmatar may change this Statement at any time without a different notice. However, if this Statement is changed in a material, adverse way, Ilmatar will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Statement and on this site’s home page for 30 days. We recommend that you re-visit this Statement from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Statement.