We are now looking for a
Our growing company is looking for a Physical Trader to join our Physical Trading Team. Main responsibilities in this position are operative trading tasks and development of our trading environment. We are looking for a person with a passion to trade power and develop practical solutions and strategies related to our portfolio and systems. We value a keen, analytical mindset and we offer a position where one can truly affect the outcome of the decision-making process and how we do things.
Trading has a very central position within Ilmatar. We are active in Nord Pool and Nasdaq power exchanges. We are constantly growing our market activities as well as building up state of art market analytics.
- Following up and developing forecast processes (wind power forecasts, retail power consumption forecasts etc.)
- Development of bidding strategies related to the physical markets
- Physical trading in the whole Nordic exchange environment and reserve markets
- Participating in development of expanding physical portfolio and its market implementations
- Communication and responsibility of relationship with both internal and external market and business stakeholders
- Developing Ilmatar’s physical market access, tools, and relevant systems
Background and Requirements
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Science or Economics and Business Administration
- A solid background as a Physical Trader – at least 3 years of hands-on experience in DA, Intraday and reserve markets
- Understanding of EMS software, asset optimization and high-level programming (e.g. Python, C#)
- Proven skills in projects and development of physical trading environment
- Experience of energy storages, PPAs, imbalance settlement and/or balance structure modeling are a big plus
- Great communication skills as a team player with a strong will to advance our business
- Fluency in Finnish and English
The position is full-time and permanent. Working place is in Tampere, but also Helsinki can be considered. In addition there is a possibility to work partly remote. For more information, please reach out to Markus Räsänen at +358 50 361 9783 on Friday 20.5. 15-16, Monday 23.5. 16-17 or Wednesday 25.5. 9-10.
Please send your application with cover letter, CV and salary request by May 29th via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ilmatar Energy is a Finnish energy company that exclusively produces renewable energy and operates at every single stage of renewable energy production. Ilmatar sells renewable energy for consumers and businesses. The company will build, own and operate wind farms to increase Finnish renewable energy generation capacity by 1 GW by 2027. Ilmatar Energy is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. www.ilmatar.fi